These vegan and gluten free s’mores brownies are without a doubt the best dessert we’ve made so far this year. They’re fudgy, rich and insanely delicious with a buttery graham cracker crust, a decadent brownie layer, and toasted marshmallows on top.
- 2 8 oz. packages gluten free graham crackers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 7 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup room temp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup melted vegan dark mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup melted mini dark chocolate chips
- 7-8 oz mini vegan marshmallow
- Graham cracker crumbs
- More chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a 9x9 pan with If You Care parchment paper.
- Add graham crackers, sugar, and salt to a food processor and pulse to combine. Add melted butter and process until you can press mixture together between thumb and forefinger.
- Press 3/4 of mixture into pan. Make sure to press it in well so it doesn’t crumble when you take it out.
- Bake crust for 15 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, add coconut milk, peanut butter, cane sugar, applesauce, room temp coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla to mixing bowl. Mix on low speed until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cacao powder, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt. Slowly incorporate dry into wet ingredients until batter is smooth. Add in melted chocolate and continue mixing.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips. Let batter sit for 15-20 minutes (we have found this helps with texture of gluten free baked goods).
- Pour brownie batter over the top of graham cracker crust and smooth into even layer. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Melt 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips. Spread gently over top of brownies with a spatula after they have baked for 30 minutes, and then top generously with mini marshmallows, remaining graham cracker crust and more chocolate chips.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 7 minutes, then broil for 1-2 minutes (or use culinary torch) to toast marshmallows.
- Remove from oven, let cool for at least 20 minutes, then remove from pan and slice.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American