This Rainbow Carrot Sesame Salad is full of flavor and the perfect way to use up the bag of carrots sitting in your fridge. It makes a great side dish for just about any protein, and it’s easy to prep ahead of time.
- 10 large carrots, shaved thinly on mandoline
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil (toasted or regular)
- 1 1/2 tbsp low sodium tamari
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Wash and prep carrots (trimming ends), then shave thinly on a mandoline. Be sure to use hand protection!
- Heat a small pan to medium, then add sesame seeds and toast for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat once they’re golden brown and fragrant.
- In a bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Toss carrots in dressing until well coated.
- Let sit in refrigerator until ready to serve.