This quick and easy shaved Brussels sprout kale salad with cranberry vinaigrette is protein packed with quinoa and pine nuts, sweetened with cranberries and tangy thanks to tart apple.
- 4-5 cups Brussels sprouts, shredded in a food processor (see blog post for details)
- 2 cups lacinato kale, sliced into thin strips and chopped
- ¼ cup grated parmesan (we use a vegan version, but regular works too)
- 1 cup cooked rainbow quinoa
- ⅓ cup toasted pine nuts
- ¼ -⅓ cup no sugar added dried cranberries
- ¾ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 green apple, diced*
- 2 tbsp shallots, diced
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup no sugar added cranberry juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1½ tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley leaves
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Make the cranberry vinaigrette by whisking together all of the ingredients.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts, kale and quinoa in the vinaigrette and let sit for at least 10 minutes, preferably 30-45 minutes. Add parmesan, pine nuts, cranberries, pomegranate seeds and apple and toss with kale/brussels sprouts mixture. Taste and season with additional salt & pepper if needed.
This salad actually tastes better the longer it marinates in the dressing. We suggest prepping at least 30 minutes before eating, but if you don't have time that's okay - it just won't be as flavorful.
*Add the apple right before serving to avoid browning.
- Category: Salad
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: shaved brussels sprout salad