This salad has it all: refreshing greens, earthy roasted beets, tangy/sweet citrus, protein-rich lentils and a citrus dill vinaigrette that brings everything together. Perfect for a quick, filling weeknight dinner, especially when paired with some leftover soup or an easy sandwich!
- 1 cup cooked green lentils (cooked according to package directions)
- 4 cups baby kale or arugula
- 1 cup microgreens
- 1 medium yellow beet, diced
- 1 medium red beet, diced
- 1 navel orange, pith removed and sliced into rounds
- 1 blood orange, pith removed and sliced into rounds
- Optional: 1-2 tangerines, peeled and segmented
- 1/3 cup vegan feta
Citrus Dill Vinaigrette:
- 5 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp agave
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped well
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Peel, dice, and toss beets in 1 tbsp olive oil (toss separately if you don’t want colors to bleed). Sprinkle with some salt and pepper. Spread evenly on a sheet pan and roast for 23-25 minutes, until tender.
- While beets are roasting, cook lentils according to package directions (don’t forget to add a generous pinch of salt to water!).
- Whisk together all ingredients for vinaigrette until well incorporated.
- Toss cooked lentils in about 2 tbsp of salad dressing. Toss baby kale, arugula, or spinach in a bowl with microgreens. Once beets and lentils have cooled, add them to salad with feta and citrus. Toss gently with remaining vinaigrette and serve immediately.
To make this a full meal, you can also add in cooked quinoa or brown rice (or another grain of choice) and avocado for some extra fat.