A light, refreshing summer salad with roasted beets, seasonal berries, greens and a strawberry balsamic poppy seed dressing. Perfect as a side dish or light lunch!
- 1 beet, peeled and sliced into wedges
- 1 yellow beet, peeled and sliced into wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 3-4 radishes, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 5 cups spinach or baby kale
- Optional: 1 cup microgreens
Strawberry Balsamic Poppy Seed Dressing:
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 400˚F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash, peel, and slice beets into wedges. (Be careful with the red beets - they stain easily!) Toss the beets in 1 tbsp olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. If you don't want the colors to bleed into one another, place them on separate ends of the tray.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, until fork tender and slightly caramelized around the edges.
- In a small blender or food processor, blend olive oil, strawberries, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, salt, and pepper. Whisk in poppy seeds.
- Toss greens with a few tablespoons of dressing. Toss in berries, radishes, pistachios and beets. Serve with more dressing.
No poppy seeds? The dressing still tastes great without them.
Keywords: roasted beet salad