These vegan raspberry rhubarb muffins have an addictive oat streusel topping. They're also gluten free and make for a delicious on-the-go breakfast or snack! We like to meal prep a big batch and freeze leftovers.
- 1/3 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1-1 1/4 cup O Organics coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp O Organics Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 tbsp soy milk powder (optional, but helps with texture)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp fine kosher salt
- 1 cup rhubarb, diced
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
Oat Streusel Topping:
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 335 F (we used convection bake cycle) and line two muffin tins.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together gluten free flour, almond flour, oat flour, soy milk powder, baking powder, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl or stand mixer, cream butter for 30 seconds - 1 minute. Add applesauce, sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon juice and beat until well incorporated.
- Slowly add in almond milk.
- Add in dry ingredient slowly, continue mixing until well incorporated. Use a spatula to gently fold in raspberries and rhubarb. Let batter sit for 20 minutes before baking.
- Meanwhile, make streusel by combining all ingredients in a bowl. Stir well (or use a hand mixer) until well combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to equally portion batter into muffin tins. Top each muffin with a small handful of streusel.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool slightly before eating.
Freeze leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 months! To reheat, microwave for 30-45 seconds.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 182
- Sugar: 14.6 g
- Sodium: 197.3 mg
- Fat: 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 30.4 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 2.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: raspberry rhubarb muffins