This hearty quinoa vegetable soup is a delicious, easy vegan dinner that's ready in less than 30 minutes. Perfect for meal prep!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups sweet potato, diced into 1/2 inch cubes (peeled or unpeeled)
- 5-6 cups vegetable broth*
- 14 oz fire roasted tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Organic Quinoa
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- ¾ tsp fine kosher salt
- 4 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- Heat oil in a soup pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté for 5-6 minutes, until softened. Add garlic and sauté for additional 2-3 minutes, stirring to prevent burning.
- Add sweet potato and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, fire roasted tomatoes, quinoa, Italian seasoning and salt. Stir well and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 15 minutes, until the quinoa is cooked and the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the spinach, parsley, black pepper and lemon juice. Cook until spinach is wilted. Enjoy hot!
*We suggest starting with 5 cups and adding an additional cup at the end if needed.
Storage: let soup cool at room temperature, then transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days. You may need to add a bit of extra broth when reheating.
Freezer: Freeze in an airtight container for up to 6 months. Let defrost in the refrigerator overnight, then reheat in a pot over medium-low, stirring often, until completely warmed. You may need to add a bit of extra broth or water when reheating.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Bowl
- Calories: 294
- Sugar: 12.8 g
- Sodium: 1437.5 mg
- Fat: 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 48.7 g
- Fiber: 8.5 g
- Protein: 5.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: quinoa vegetable soup