This super creamy homemade Pumpkin Hummus is lightly spiced with cumin, chili powder and cinnamon for an addictive, fall-inspired dip! It's easy to make in less than 10 minutes and perfect as a holiday appetizer. It's also naturally vegan and perfect for serving with crackers or pitas and fresh vegetables!
- 15 oz can chickpeas, (reserve 1/3 cup of the liquid, then drain and rinse)
- 1/4-1/3 cup aquafaba (reserved chickpea liquid)
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Add chickpeas, 1/4 cup of aquafaba, pumpkin, tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, salt, chili powder, cinnamon, and cumin to a high speed blender.
- Blend on high for 1 minute, pausing as needed to scrape down the sides. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil until incorporated. Add more reserved chickpea liquid (aquafaba) in 1 tablespoon intervals if needed to achieve your desired consistency. Test and adjust spices/salt if desired.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, pumpkin seeds, and pomegranate arils.
Feel free to add more aquafaba or olive oil during blending in order to reach your preferred consistency.
Serving suggestions: this hummus is great with fresh sliced vegetables like carrots, cucumber, or radishes. It's also great with pita, crackers or baguette.
Storage: store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Aquafaba: This is the liquid that comes in a can of chickpeas. Make sure to reserve some when you drain the chickpeas - it'll be used in the hummus. It helps make your hummus super smooth and creamy. Trust us, it makes a huge difference! (And no, it doesn't add any weird flavor.)
Pumpkin purée: We used a canned pumpkin purée in this recipe. (Note: pumpkin purée – pure pumpkin without additives – is different from pumpkin pie mix, which contains spices and often sweeteners.)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dips
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 2.4 g
- Sodium: 530.4 mg
- Fat: 8.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.2 g
- Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 4.4 g
Keywords: pumpkin hummus