The key to this creamy, dreamy pumpkin hummus? Use your blender instead of food processor!
- 3 15 oz cans chickpeas, drained but reserve 3/4 cup liquid from can
- 3/4 cup aquafaba (reserved bean liquid)
- 1 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp sage
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Add all ingredients to high speed blender and blend on high for up to 5 minutes. Pause as often as needed to scrape down the sides.
- Blend until hummus reaches desired consistency. If for some reason it's too dry, add more reserved chickpea liquid in 1 tbsp intervals.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, fresh sage and pomegranate arils.
This makes a large batch of hummus and is meant to serve a crowd. If making for yourself or a smaller group, we suggest halving the recipe.
- Category: Dips