This pineapple teriyaki tofu and vegetable stir fry is a filling, tasty, protein-packed vegan dinner. The homemade pineapple teriyaki glaze only takes a few minutes to whip up for a quick, 30 minute weeknight meal.
- 16 oz extra firm tofu
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 scallions, sliced thinly
- 1 small head of broccoli, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup edamame (we used frozen)
- 1/3 cup unsalted cashews
- White rice for serving
Pineapple Teriyaki Sauce:
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup finely diced pineapple (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 cup tamari or soy sauce (we used low sodium)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 3 tbsp coconut or brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Drain tofu and pat dry. Slice into bite-sized cubes.
- Whisk together all ingredients for pineapple teriyaki sauce.
- Heat a large pan or wok to medium and add sesame oil. When hot, add scallions and sauté for a minute or two, until softened. Add tofu and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli, pepper and edamame and cook for 3-4 minutes, until they start to soften.
- Pour in pineapple teriyaki sauce and simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Add in cashews and serve hot over rice.
You can also serve over cauliflower rice for a lighter version.
Don't feel like making homemade teriyaki? Grab a store-bought teriyaki sauce and add in a bit of pineapple juice.
Keywords: teriyaki tofu