Homemade jalapeño infused tequila takes this margarita to the next level.
- 6 oz Dole 100% Pineapple Juice
- 3 oz jalapeño infused tequila (directions below)
- 1 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1.5 oz agave
- 1 oz Cointreau
- For rim: 1/2 tsp lime zest & kosher salt
Jalapeño Infused Tequila:
- 1 small jalapeño
- 14 oz tequila of choice
- In a 16 oz jar, pour tequila over sliced jalapeño. Seal and let infuse at least 8 hours, or up to 24. Strain jalapeño and store tequila in airtight container.
- Pour about a half oz of tequila on a small plate. On a separate small plate, combine lime zest and kosher salt and spread into even layer.
- Dip the rim in tequila, let drip for a moment, and then coat the rim in lime salt. Repeat with other glass. Be sure to use remaining tequila in the cocktail!
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake for about 30 seconds, or until your shaker is well chilled to the touch. Strain into glass, garnish with lime and enjoy immediately!
If you’re short on time and can’t infused the tequila overnight, 8 hours should do.
If you’re reaaally short on time, you could opt for jalapeño infused simple syrup in place of the agave (and just use regular tequila). To go about doing so, you can just combine equal parts sugar and water (1/2 cup of each) in a saucepan over medium heat, stir until sugar completely dissolves. Add 1 sliced jalapeño. Bring to a simmer, turn off the heat, and let infuse at least an hour before straining.