This insanely delicious vegan peanut butter pie with a chocolate cookie crust is SO easy to make in about 20 minutes with basic ingredients! It's one of my all-time favorite dessert recipes, and it's no bake. This recipe can also easily be made gluten free.
- 14 oz Oreos or other chocolate sandwich cookies
- 6 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 12 oz vegan cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter (we use unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups vegan whipped cream (optional)*
- For topping: vegan chocolate frosting (optional - recipe in notes section), chocolate shavings, peanuts
- In a food processor, pulse the cookies and melted butter until they form a fine crumb mixture. Press crust mixture into a 9-inch springform pan. Place in freezer while you make the filling. Pro tip: use the flat bottom of a measuring cup or small ramekin to press the crust firmly into the bottom and sides of the pan. You don't need to go all the way up on the sides - just about 1 1/2 inches (see photos for reference).
- Add all filling ingredients except whipped cream to food processor and blend until smooth. Fold or mix in the whipped cream until just combined.
- Pour on top of crust and spread evenly. Place in freezer for 2 hours or until firm.
- Pipe with vegan chocolate frosting (optional - recipe below) or drizzle with dark chocolate and crushed peanuts.
Vegan chocolate frosting: Melt 4 oz dark chocolate and set aside to let cool until cool to the touch. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream 1/2 cup vegan butter with 3/4 cup powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Add in melted, cooled chocolate, a pinch of salt and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. Whip on medium-high for 30-60 seconds until super light and fluffy. Pipe onto pie.
*Whipped cream: this is technically optional as it works perfectly fine without, but it majorly lightens the pie for a more mousse-like texture. We use this Cocowhip topping from So Delicious.
Peanut butter: We use unsweetened peanut butter. If using sweetened peanut butter, you may want to decrease the amount of powdered sugar. You can always adjust and taste as you go.
Storage: cover and store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can also freeze for up to 3 months. Let defrost 20 minutes before serving.
This vegan peanut butter pie would also be amazing as squares/bars! Use a 9x9 square pan, follow the recipe as stated below and slice into squares.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan peanut butter pie