There's nothing more refreshing than perfectly ripe, in-season melon. This melon strawberry salad is fresh, delicious, and fun to make!
- 3 cups watermelon (diced or use melon baller)
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups cantaloupe (diced or use melon baller)
- 2 cups honeydew (diced or use melon baller)
Lime Mint Dressing:
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp agave or honey
- ⅛-¼ tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 ½ tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- To make the dressing, whisk together 1/4 cup lime juice, 1 tsp agave, 1/8 to 1/4 tsp salt. Then add in 3 tbsp chopped mint and 1 1/2 tbsp chopped basil and stir gently. Set aside while prepping the rest of the ingredients so the mint and basil have a chance to flavor the dressing.
- For the salad, use a melon baller to carve balls out of watermelon, honeydew, and cantaloupe melon. You should keep scooping until you have 3 cups of watermelon balls, 2 cups of cantaloupe balls, and 2 cups of honeydew balls. Don't discard scraps - either eat them on their own, or add them to a smoothie or juice!
- Slice the strawberries lengthwise into thin round circles. Add the strawberries and balled fruit to a mixing bowl and pour the dressing over the top. Gently stir to coat fruit, and then transfer to a serving bowl or platter. Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Enjoy!
Melon baller is optional: If you're pressed on time, just cut the melons into cubes instead of balling them.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve. It keeps well for up to 3 days, but this strawberry melon salad tastes best when eaten the same day it's made. It also tends to get soggier the longer it sits.
Agave: agave is a neutral sweetener that really helps tie this salad together. If you don't have any, you can sub with another liquid sweetener like honey.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Salad
- Calories: 195
- Sugar: 28.2 g
- Sodium: 158.1 mg
- Fat: 4.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 35.3 g
- Fiber: 4.3 g
- Protein: 7.5 g
Keywords: melon salad