This bright, refreshing Mediterranean Cauliflower Salad with kale, oranges and crispy chickpeas is the perfect antidote to a dreary winter day. It's packed with color, nutrients and easy-to-make cauliflower rice!
- 4 cups of riced cauliflower(about 1/2 of a large head of cauliflower)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely diced shallot
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- 1 ½ cup diced cucumber
- 2 oranges, supreme cut* and sliced in half
- 1/2 cup crispy chickpeas
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1/2-1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp agave or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Ground pepper to taste
- Add 1/2 a head of large cauliflower to a food processor and pulse a few times, until the cauliflower resembles grains of rice. Don’t over-blend it or it will become too mushy.
- Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté for 4-5 minutes, stirring a few times. Add garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add riced cauliflower, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring several times, for about 7-8 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool in a bowl while you prepare the remaining salad ingredients.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients.
- Prepare salad ingredients and add everything to a large bowl. Toss with dressing and cauliflower rice. Top with more crispy chickpeas. Enjoy!
You can also purchase pre-riced cauliflower at most grocery stores.
*Check out this video to see how to supreme an orange.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: cauliflower rice salad