This Mango Corn Salsa combines the tartness of mango, juicy corn, and a kick of jalapeños for a dip that's the perfect blend of sweet and spicy. It's perfect on chips, tacos, or as a side dish at your next barbecue.
- 2 cups fresh corn (~4 cobs)
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 1 cup mango, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup diced roma tomatoes (deseeded)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeño (~1 medium jalapeño)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (~2 limes)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Slice corn kernels off the cob. Heat a skillet over medium and add oil. Add corn and sauté for 3-5 minutes, until tender. Remove from heat and let cool while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Add all ingredients (including cooled corn) to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix together until all ingredients are well combined. Serve right away, or refrigerate for 1-2 hours to let the flavors intensify before serving.
Best when chilled: This salsa will taste best when it's chilled and all of the ingredients have had a chance to sit and mesh together, so we recommend letting it sit for an hour in the fridge before serving. This also means this salsa is great to make ahead of time.
Sweeten it up: If your mango is not as sweet/ripe as you would like, try adding a teaspoon of agave syrup or granulated sugar.
Try grilling your corn then cutting it off the cob to add a bit more flavor, texture, and color.
Onion sensitive?: If you are sensitive to raw onion, garlic, or jalapeño and want to take some of the "bite" out of them, rinse them under cold water for a minute before adding them to the salad.
Storage: Store any leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week.
Freezing: You can freeze this corn salsa in an airtight container for 2-3 months. Let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving the next day.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dips and Spreads
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup salsa
- Calories: 68
- Sugar: 6.1 g
- Sodium: 84.6 mg
- Fat: 2.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.2 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 1.7 g
Keywords: mango corn salsa