Mango Curry Sauce:
- 2 cup ripe, fresh mango, diced (2 large mangos)*
- 1 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp fine grain kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups diced yellow onion (1 medium onion)
- 1 tbsp finely minced fresh garlic
- 1 tbsp finely minced or grated fresh ginger
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- 2 14 oz cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Add mango, coconut milk, water, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, curry powder, salt, cinnamon, and red pepper flakes to a blender and blend at high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Heat coconut oil in a large sauté pan or skillet heated to medium. Add onions and sauté for 6-7 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook for additional 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add broccoli and cook for 3 minutes. Add spinach and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Once spinach is wilted, add the chickpeas to the pan with the chopped cilantro.
- Pour in mango curry sauce and stir well. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve over rice and top with nondairy yogurt, cashews and fresh cilantro.
*Mango: you can also use frozen mango. Defrost before using.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 467
- Sugar: 15.4 g
- Sodium: 1187.8 mg
- Fat: 23.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 55.3 g
- Fiber: 15.3 g
- Protein: 15.5 g
Keywords: mango chickpea curry