Our version of homemade Long Island Iced Tea is made with actual brewed black tea instead of traditional cola. It’s a bit less sweet (in a good way!), citrusy and NOT for the faint-hearted. With four types of liquor, this is definitely not a standard weeknight drink, but it’s perfect for end-of-summer parties with friends and family.
- 2 oz orange juice, freshly squeezed or store bought
- 1 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 oz agave nectar
- 3/4 oz gin
- 3/4 oz white rum
- 3/4 oz vodka
- 3/4 oz silver tequila
- 1/2 oz Cointreau or Triple Sec
- 1/2 cup unsweetened black iced tea
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add all liquids to the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds.
- Pour into a highball glass filled about halfway with ice.
- Optional: garnish with fresh citrus and sip slowly!
Feel free to use freshly brewed or store-bought black tea.
To make a pitcher version, multiply each ingredient serving size by 4-6.
Keywords: long island iced tea