These Lemon Lavender Mint Juleps are a refreshing spring cocktail made with a homemade lavender lemon simple syrup! The perfect drink for Kentucky Derby Day or your next dinner party.
Lemon Lavender Simple Syrup:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 1-inch pieces of lemon peel
- 1 1/2 tsp dried lavender
- 1 1/2 oz bourbon
- 1 1/2 oz lemon lavender simple syrup
- 3 mint leaves
- Crushed ice (enough to fill glass)
- For garnish: more mint, lemon peel, lavender (optional)
- Add water and sugar to a small pot over medium-high heat. Heat until sugar dissolves, stirring often.
- Add lemon juice, lavender and lemon peel. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover with a lid and let sit for 30-60 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh colander to remove lemon peel and lavender buds and store in a glass jar until ready to use.
- In a glass of choice, gently muddle mint with simple syrup. (If you muddle too much, the mint will become bitter.)
- Add bourbon and ice, stir and garnish. Enjoy!
To make a mocktail version, swap the bourbon with 2 oz of lemonade. It’s delicious and so refreshing!