These cucumber gin cocktails have it all - they're tangy, slightly sweet, earthy and refreshing. Best of all, they're definitely different from anything in your normal rotation.
- 4 oz gin
- 2 oz Chartreuse
- 4 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 oz simple syrup
- 4 cups peeled and diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup water
- Blend cucumber and water in a high speed blender and then strain juice through a fine mesh sieve into a large liquid measuring cup. Press juice through with the back of a spoon.
- Squeeze lime juice separately.
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker half filled with ice and shake well for a slow count of 15.
- Strain into a glass over ice and garnish with lime & fresh mint (optional). Enjoy!
The key to this cocktail is the freshly juiced cucumber - don't skip it!
Chartreuse: Chartreuse is a liqueur made from a blend of 130 different plants and flowers, lending it the most stunning, vibrant color and a unique herbal flavor.
Chartreuse substitute: you can sub with another herbal liqueur of choice, like St. Germain (elderflower liqueur). It's a unique flavor profile so there's no perfect substitute, but we've tried this cocktail with both and it's delicious either way. Of course, if you'd prefer a more basic cocktail, you can leave it out altogether.
Make ahead: if you want to serve this cucumber gin cocktail at a dinner party, you can absolutely mix everything together ahead of time. We suggest no longer than 24 hours before serving, as the cucumber and lime juice taste best when freshly prepared. Be sure to shake well again before serving.
- Category: Cocktail
- Method: Shaker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cucumber gin cocktail