Our Kentucky Mule swaps out vodka for bourbon to put a classic twist on a Moscow mule. Served in a copper mug with lime juice, ginger beer, and a sprig of mint, this cocktail is well-balanced and super refreshing.
- 2 fl ounces bourbon
- 3/4 fl ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 fl ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 fl ounce orange juice
- 4-6 fl ounce ginger beer
- Mint and lime slices to garnish
- Add bourbon, lime juice, simple syrup, and orange juice to a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice.
- Shake well and strain into a copper mug filled with ice.
- Top with ginger beer.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and a lime wedge.
Don't shake or stir the ginger beer: To preserve the carbonation in the ginger beer, be sure to pour it out last, over the other ingredients.
Freshly squeeze your juices: If you can, opt for freshly squeezed lime and orange juices for maximum flavor.
Use a bourbon priced somewhere in the middle, which will offer the best blend of value and flavor.
Copper mug: A copper mug is the traditional flourish for a Mule, but it also helps to keep the drink super cold, making it even more refreshing.
- Prep Time: 0 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Shaker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cocktail
- Calories: 274
- Sugar: 32.9 g
- Sodium: 20.5 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 34.6 g
- Fiber: 0.2 g
- Protein: 0.2 g
Keywords: kentucky mule