Tofu scramble, scrambled tofu, tofu scrambled eggs –– whatever you call it, it's time you learn how to make it. Tofu scrambled eggs make for a fantastic savory, high protein vegan breakfast, and it couldn't be an easier recipe to master!
- 14 oz firm (or extra firm) tofu
- 2 tbsp vegan butter or olive oil
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- Pepper to taste
- Remove tofu from packaging, draining excess liquid. Lightly pat dry with a clean dish towel or paper towel. You don't need to remove all of the moisture - just enough so the scrambled tofu isn't too watery.
- Using your hands, crumble the tofu into a mixing bowl. Add in nutritional yeast, turmeric, salt and pepper and stir well to coat.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low and add vegan butter or oil. Once hot, add tofu to pan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
See blog post for 3 additional recipe ideas/add-ins, including a Greek Tofu Scramble, a Cheesy Herbed Tofu Scramble and a Curry-Spiced Tofu Scrambled with Potatoes and Chickpeas.
Other add-ins include vegan cheese, hot sauce, spices, fresh or dried herbs, etc.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetope
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to make tofu scramble