Harissa gives these carrots a hint of spice, and fresh pomegranate and herbs add a pop of brightness.
- 12-15 medium carrots
- 2 tsp harissa spice blend
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp agave
- Salt + pepper to taste
- For serving: pumpkin hummus (optional), toasted hazelnuts*, pomegranate seeds, fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Wash carrots and trim greens. Peel if desired.
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet, then drizzle with olive oil, harissa, lime, agave, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, until carrots are tender and slightly browned. Let cool slightly before serving. Garnish with toasted hazelnuts, pomegranate and parsley.
*To toast hazelnuts, spread 1/2 cup whole hazelnuts on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 325 F. Remove from oven, let cool, then chop.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern