Do you have spaghetti squash, olive oil, salt, pepper, and a grill? That's all you need to make this delicious and super easy Grilled Spaghetti Squash. It's low in carbs, full of flavor, and since it's made on the grill, that means easy clean up. This is the perfect easy side dish for late summer/early fall!
- 2 medium-sized spaghetti squash
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat grill to 400˚F / 205˚C. Cut squash in half lengthwise, then use a spoon to scoop out the seeds.
- Brush each half with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Sprinkle each half with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and some freshly ground black pepper.
- Grill cut side up on indirect heat for 40 minutes, then grill cut side down for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the grill, sprinkle with the fresh parsley (if using), and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Use a fork to hold the squash in place while you use another fork to shred the squash. Place in a bowl with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, and a touch of salt and pepper and toss well to coat.
The size of your spaghetti squash will affect the cooking time. The larger the squash, the longer the cooking time, which could be anywhere from 40-50 minutes for the indirect grilling portion.
You'll know it's done when you can easily shred the spaghetti squash with a fork. You should also be able to easily pierce the tough outer skin with a fork.
No oil: You can make this recipe without oil - just be aware that when you flip the squash and grill it cut side down, you may experience some sticking.
Make a big batch for meal prep: This grilled spaghetti squash is the perfect thing to make on a Sunday so you have it for an easy vegetable side dish all week. It's delicious on its own to add in an extra serving of vegetables, but you can also use it as a base for several other main dishes.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Squash and Pumpkin
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 of a squash
- Calories: 169
- Sugar: 4.2 g
- Sodium: 491.7 mg
- Fat: 14.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.9 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 1.1 g
Keywords: grilled spaghetti squash