Say hello to the BEST veggie burger you've ever had! The vegetable-heavy patty is flavorful, moist and holds together, and it's the perfect pair for smoky shredded beets, avocado and spicy vegan mayo.
Veggie Burger Patty:
- 1 1/4 cup cooked short grain white rice (cook 1 cup dry according to package directions)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely diced onion
- 3/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chopped spinach
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp flax seed meal
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 1/2 tbsp miso
- 1/2 cup Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets (mashed)
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 buns (we used gluten free)
- 1 package Love Beets Sweet & Smoky Shredded Beets
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup spicy vegan mayo of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium heat and add onion. Sauté for 5-6 minutes, stirring often.
- Add carrot, pepper, spinach, and tomato paste and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Add in salt, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, and pepper. Stir well, remove from heat and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add in mashed beets, mashed black beans, flax meal, hemp, miso, and cooked rice and stir until well combined. Taste and adjust salt if necessary. Let sit for 10-15 minutes to make sure flax is absorbed.
- Make burgers into evenly-sized patties (it's easiest to use your hands!). Makes 6-8 patties.
- Preheat a large fry pan over medium-low heat. Brush pan very lightly with oil. Cook each patty for 5-6 minutes on each side (don't over-crowd the pan!) and then transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat with all patties
- Bake for 30 minutes, until fully cooked.
- Serve on a toasted bun spread with some vegan spicy mayo, top with sliced avocado, Love Beets Sweet & Smoky Shredded Beets & microgreens. Enjoy!
Be sure not to crowd the pan when you sear patties - it will make it very difficult to flip the patties without breaking.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop, Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Burger with Bun
- Calories: 757
- Sugar: 7.4 g
- Sodium: 1508.1 mg
- Fat: 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 101.2 g
- Fiber: 16.2 g
- Protein: 22.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: beet veggie burgers