This easy vegan pesto pasta salad is made with just three simple components: pasta, pesto and white beans. It can be served as a cold pesto pasta salad or warm – up to you!
Homemade vegan pesto*:
- 1 cup basil
- 2 cups spinach (kale or arugula work, too)
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts or pine nuts
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 8 oz pasta of choice, cooked
- 1 15 oz. can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups fresh greens (arugula, spinach, baby kale, etc)
- Optional: more nuts for topping, vegan parmesan, etc.
- In a food processor, pulse together all ingredients except olive oil. Slowly stream in olive oil while blending until you reach desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions.
- Add pasta to a large mixing bowl and toss with pesto, white beans and greens. Top with more chopped toasted walnuts or pine nuts, fresh herbs and greens and/or vegan parmesan.
- Enjoy hot or cold!
*Feel free to use store-bought pesto in place of homemade!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan pesto pasta salad