This is such a flavorful, creamy soup – perfect for a cozy autumn evening!
- 1–2 tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6–8 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 4–6 cups of veggie broth (enough to cover the veggies in the pot)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1⁄2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2–2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- In a large pot over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic until translucent & softened.
- Add in rest of ingredients. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and simmer until veggies are softened (approx 45 minutes).
- At this point, add in hemp seeds and maca powder if using.
- Use either an immersion blender or regular blender to puree soup until smooth. (If using a blender, be careful when transferring soup to blender and vice versa! You may have to do this in two batches.) Taste and adjust spices as desired.
- Serve topped with crunchy lentils, a dollop of plain yogurt or coconut milk and fresh herbs. For a more filling dinner, you can also serve over cooked lentils, rice and/or quinoa.