This quick & easy creamy cucumber avocado gazpacho is vegan, gluten free and no cook! It comes together in your blender in less than 10 minutes. Perfect for a light summer appetizer or side dish.
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion, rinsed in hot water for 30 seconds
- 2 cups diced cucumber (peeled or unpeeled)
- Half of a ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 2 tbsp diced jalapeño, seeds removed
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 2 tbsp dill
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 1/2 tbsp white wine or champagne vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1/4 cup vegan sour cream
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp agave, maple or honey
- Peel and dice onion, then run under hot water for 30 seconds. This takes away a bit of the bite of raw onion. Feel free to skip this step if you don't mind raw onion.
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Serve topped with more fresh herbs, olive oil, salt and pepper (or a swirl of vegan yogurt).
You sub vegan sour cream with plain vegan yogurt if desired.
- Category: Soups
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cucumber avocado gazpacho