Super crispy oven roasted brussels sprouts with a flavorful salty/sweet maple mustard dressing. What more could you ask for in a fall side dish?! Naturally vegan and gluten free so everyone can enjoy.
- 3 1/2 lbs. brussels sprouts, peeled*
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp fine kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Maple Mustard Dressing:
- 2 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Wash and thoroughly dry brussels sprouts. To prep brussels sprouts, slice off the woody, tough stem, then use your hands to peel off the leaves. You may have to trim the steam again as you work towards the interior. See blog posts for photo tutorial!
- Toss leaves with olive oil, salt and pepper and transfer to 2 large sheet pans. Roast for 30-35 minutes total, stirring well half way through cook time and again at 25 minutes. For even cooking, switch bottom and top trays halfway through cooking. Keep a close eye on the oven as oven times may differ.
- Meanwhile, whisk together all dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Remove brussels sprouts from oven, transfer to a large bowl and toss with dressing. Serve warm.
*If you don't have time to peel the brussels sprouts, you can quarter them instead, but only use 2 lbs total.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crispy brussels sprouts