This cauliflower-based crust is gluten free, eggless, has tons of flavor and the best part - actually gets crispy! Consider your pizza night dilemma solved.
Cauliflower pizza crust:
- 1 10 oz bag frozen riced cauliflower, thawed to room temp*
- 3 tbsp flax seed meal
- 3/4 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup vegan parmesan
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- 3/4 tsp fine kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 jar pizza sauce of choice
- Vegan mozzarella cheese (we use almost one bag for a whole pizza, but it's up to you)
- 2 cups mushrooms, sautéed
- 1/2 cup marinated artichokes, quartered
- 1/2 cup olives of choice, halved
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- For garnish: arugula and red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Thaw frozen riced cauliflower to room temperature. Wrap in a cheesecloth or nut milk bag and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until well-combined. Transfer to parchment paper and knead into a ball. If the dough isn't sticking together well, you may need to add a tsp of water to help it come together.
- Transfer to a plate or bowl, cover with a dish towel and refrigerate for 30 minutes (to let the flax meal absorb into the dough).
- Return dough to parchment paper. Place another sheet of parchment paper on top of dough and use a rolling pin to roll into a thin round. The thinner the better.
- Transfer to baking sheet and bake for 17-19 minutes. Rotate baking sheet half way through.
- Meanwhile, sauté mushrooms in 1 tbsp of oil and 1/2 tsp salt. Cook until tender. Prep remaining toppings.
- Add desired toppings to crust, then return to oven for 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melty. Let cool for at least 5 minutes before slicing. Watch crust to be sure it doesn't burn and rotate baking sheet once during baking.
*If you can't find frozen cauliflower rice or would rather use fresh, you'll need to rice it yourself in a food processor. Then, steam the riced cauliflower for 4-5 minutes, let cool and remove excess moisture. (Frozen allows you to skip 2 steps - much easier!)
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan cauliflower pizza crust