This fall-spiced Cranberry Orange Mimosa with maple simple syrup is as delicious as it is beautiful! The perfect brunch cocktail for Thanksgiving or fall weekends with family.
- 3 oz orange juice
- 1 oz cranberry juice
- 1 oz Cointreau or other orange flavored liqueur
- 3/4 oz maple spiced simple syrup (recipe below)
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 3 oz sparkling wine (Cava, Prosecco) or champagne
Maple Simple Syrup:
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 star anise pod
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- Add all ingredients for simple syrup to a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat, cover and let infuse for one hour. Strain/remove spices.
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice and add orange juice, cranberry juice, Cointreau, maple simple syrup and lemon juice. Shake vigorously for about 15 seconds, then pour into a glass. Top off with sparkling wine or champagne.
You can store leftover simple syrup in the refrigerator for up to a few months.
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cranberry orange mimosa