This cranberry moscow mule combines the tartness of cranberry with the spicy sweetness of a homemade cinnamon simple syrup to create the perfect holiday cocktail. Topped with ginger beer, this mule is perfect for enjoying with friends and family.
- 2 oz vodka
- 2 oz cranberry juice (we use unsweetened)
- 1/2 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 oz cinnamon simple syrup (recipe below)
- 2-3 oz ginger beer to top off
Cinnamon Simple Syrup:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- In a small saucepan, stir together sugar and water, then add a cinnamon stick and bring to a boil for 4-5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the simple syrup sit for 30 minutes, then remove the cinnamon stick.
- In a cocktail shaker half filled with ice, add vodka, cranberry juice, lime juice, and cinnamon simple syrup. Shake well and pour into a glass/copper mug, then top with 2-3 oz of ginger beer.
Make it a mocktail: Substitute the vodka with extra pomegranate juice and ginger beer. Alternatively, we recently tried these nonalcoholic spirits and loved them!
Simple syrup storage: store leftover cinnamon simple syrup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Make ahead for a party: You can make the simple syrup and the base of the cocktail mixture (everything except the ginger beer) ahead of time. When ready to serve, stir/whisk well, pour into each glass and top off with ginger beer.
Keep it fresh: freshly squeezed lime juice makes a huge difference in these cranberry Moscow mules. Bottled citrus juice often contains additives and preservatives, so the flavor isn't nearly as fresh or tart.
Garnishes: fresh cranberries add a nice pop of tartness and sweetness to these mules. We also love to garnish with an herb sprig. Just about anything will do – we like rosemary, mint, thyme or sage.
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cocktail
- Calories: 759
- Sugar: 155.1 g
- Sodium: 83.1 mg
- Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 158.2 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 0.4 g
Keywords: Cranberry moscow mule