These vegan and gluten free cranberry crumb bars have a buttery oat crust and topping with a tart, sweet, vibrant cranberry apple filling. They make for a delicious holiday or fall dessert!
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups finely diced and peeled apple
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 1/2 tbsp arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350˚F and line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Add all filling ingredients to a saucepan over medium heat. Stir well, then simmer for 10-12 minutes, until cranberries have softened. Transfer filling to a heat safe blender or food processor and blend for about 10 seconds, until it's roughly puréed (doesn't have to be completely smooth). Set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together dry crust ingredients: oats, gluten free flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together maple syrup, melted butter and vanilla. Pour wet ingredients into dry mixture and stir well (or use your hands) to combine.
- Press 2/3 of mixture into the pan. Top with cranberry sauce, then top with remaining crust mixture.
- Bake for 33-35 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool completely before slicing into squares so it has time to set. Enjoy!
Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cranberry crumb bars