These cranberry oatmeal bars have a buttery oat crust and topping with a tart, sweet, vibrant cranberry apple filling. They make for a delicious holiday or fall dessert!
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups finely diced and peeled apple
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 1/2 tablespoons arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350˚F and line an 9x13 pan with parchment paper.
- Add all filling ingredients to a saucepan over medium heat. Stir well, then simmer for 10-12 minutes, until cranberries have softened. Transfer filling to a heat safe blender or food processor and blend for about 10 seconds, until it's roughly puréed (doesn't have to be completely smooth). Set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together dry crust ingredients: oats, gluten free flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together maple syrup, melted butter and vanilla. Pour wet ingredients into dry mixture and stir well (or use your hands) to combine.
- Set aside 1 ¾ packed cups of the crust mixture for topping. Pour the remaining oat mixture into the baking pan, creating an even layer. Press the mixture down using your hands or the back of a large measuring cup. Spread the cranberry mixture evenly over the top, then sprinkle the remaining oatmeal mixture over the top.
- Bake for 33-35 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool completely before slicing into squares so it has time to set. Enjoy!
Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories: 328
- Sugar: 37.6 g
- Sodium: 123.9 mg
- Fat: 7.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 62.8 g
- Fiber: 4.2 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
Keywords: cranberry crumb bars