This classic no bake vegan cheesecake has a buttery graham cracker crust and silky smooth vanilla bean filling. It's surprisingly easy to make and tastes SO GOOD, especially topped with fresh berries! This recipe is one of our favorite classics and works so well for any occasion.
- 2 cups raw, unsalted cashews, soaked in room temp water for 2-3 hours
- 1 1/2 cups vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup agave or maple syrup
- 1/3 cup nondairy vanilla yogurt
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract (or seeds from 1 vanilla bean pod)
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 8 oz graham crackers (2 cups graham cracker crumbs)
- 4 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 2 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- Soak cashews in room temperature water for 2 hours. If short on time, soak in very hot water for 20-30 minutes.
- Add graham crackers to a food processor and pulse until they form a fine crumb mixture. Add melted butter and agave and pulse until the mixture comes together.
- Press the crust mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9" springform pan. Chill in the freezer while you make the filling.
- Drain cashews and add to a blender along with remaining filling ingredients (cream cheese, agave, yogurt, lemon juice and zest, vanilla and salt). Blend until completely smooth and creamy. This make take more than one blend cycle, especially if you didn't blend your cashews long enough. Scrape down the sides once or twice to make sure everything is well combined.
- Pour filling over crust and return to freezer for 3-4 hours, or until completely set. Let sit out for 10 minutes before topping with fresh fruit and slicing. Store leftovers in refrigerator (for softer texture) or freezer (for firmer texture).
For best results, let the cheesecake set completely in the freezer, then store in the refrigerator.
Freezer storage: you can cover and store this no bake vegan cheesecake for up to 3-6 months (as long as it's well sealed)! Thaw in refrigerator before serving.
Cashews: make sure to use raw, unsalted cashews. Don't skip the soaking – the allows the cashews to soften up so they can blend into a perfectly creamy, rich filling. If they don't soak for long enough, the texture will be grainy.
Sweetener: we prefer agave to keep the flavor neutral, but it also tastes great with maple syrup.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 558
- Sugar: 25.9 g
- Sodium: 548.6 mg
- Fat: 33.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 60.7 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 7.6 g
Keywords: no bake vegan cheesecake