This cilantro lime cauliflower rice is the easy and low carb side dish that you've been looking for. It makes an amazing base for burrito bowls, or a great side dish that you can use instead of rice. Best of all, it cooks more quickly than rice does, and it's way easier to get right!
- 2 tbsp oil (olive, avocado, vegetable, etc)
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 3 cups riced cauliflower (~1 medium head of cauliflower)
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (~1 lime)
- 1 tablespoon lime zest (~zest from 1 lime)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Core cauliflower and break into pieces. Use the grating feature on your food processor to rice the cauliflower. If you don't have a food processor, use a box or hand grater. (Alternatively, use store-bought pre-riced cauliflower!)
- Preheat a large nonstick pan over medium heat and add oil. Add the green onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes, then stir in the cauliflower with 2 tablespoons of water, lime juice, salt, pepper, and lime zest.
- Cook for 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add in cilantro and cook for additional 3-4 minutes, until cauliflower is tender. Serve warm or chilled.
Cauliflower: You can use fresh or frozen cauliflower, but frozen cauliflower can carry a little bit more moisture than fresh cauliflower, so you may need to cut down a bit on the additional water. You can also purchase pre-riced cauliflower at most grocery stores to cut down on prep time!
Serve hot or cold: Unlike regular rice, this cauliflower rice doesn't dry out and stick together when refrigerated, so it's perfect for a grab and go lunch. It's also delicious hot straight out of the pan!
Storage: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Freezer storage: Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 6 months! Defrost overnight in the refrigerator before eating.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 87
- Sugar: 2.3 g
- Sodium: 337.1 mg
- Fat: 7.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.8 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 1.8 g
Keywords: cilantro lime cauliflower rice