These Chocolate Chip Cherry Cookies with macadamia nuts are vegan, gluten free and absolutely delicious! We love the combination of rich dark chocolate chips, tart dried cherries, buttery macadamia nuts and chewy oatmeal.
- 2 flax eggs (for each egg, mix 1 tbsp flax meal with 2 1/2 tbsp water)
- 1/3 cup vegan butter, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 cup whole rolled oats (gluten free if needed)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sugar free dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped lightly salted macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl, stir together flax meal and water and let sit to thicken for 15 minutes.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, blend together butter, vanilla, maple syrup, flax eggs and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together oat flour, almond flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and xanthan gum.
- Slowly incorporate into wet mixture. Stir in oats, chocolate chips, dried cherries and macadamia nuts
- Use a cookie scoop to portion dough onto parchment paper-lined sheet pan. Bake 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool at least 10 (preferably 20) minutes to set.
If you can't find macadamia nuts, substitute with pistachios, cashews or pecans.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American