Roasted buffalo cauliflower + homemade vegan ranch + greens and veggies = the ultimate dinner salad! If you love buffalo cauliflower, you have to try this recipe. It’s vegan, gluten free and perfect for a weeknight dinner.
- 1 small head of cauliflower, broken into bite-sized florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp gluten free flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 4 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/2 cup vinegar-based hot sauce (like Frank’s Red Hot)
- 1/2 cup plain vegan yogurt
- 1 tbsp dairy free milk
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dill, finely chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp agave nectar
- Black pepper to taste
- 6 cups of mixed greens
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- Optional: crispy chickpeas for topping
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Trim the cauliflower and cut into bite-sized florets. Toss in a large mixing bowl with olive oil.
- Stir together gluten free flour, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Toss cauliflower in flour mixture until well coated (it’s easiest to use your hands for this).
- Transfer to a parchment paper-lined sheet pan and roast for 25 minutes. Stir a few times to make sure it cooks evenly.
- Melt vegan butter in a small saucepan. Whisk in hot sauce.
- Remove florets from baking sheet, transfer to a large mixing bowl and pour the hot sauce mixture over them, tossing gently until well coated.
- Place a cooling rack on the sheet pan, and transfer cauliflower to the cooling rack. Return to the oven and roast for an additional 20-25 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through cook time.
- While the cauliflower is in the oven, whisk together all ingredients for ranch. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Prepare remaining salad ingredients. Toss the greens in about 1/2 of the dressing.
- Once the cauliflower has cooled to room temperature, add to the salad and top with more ranch. Enjoy!
To make this recipe quicker, just use store-bought vegan ranch dressing!
Keywords: buffalo cauliflower salad