These rich, fudgy vegan and gluten free brownies are the perfect treat for your Valentine. Rose petals are optional, but encouraged!
- 2 flax eggs (for each egg, stir together 1 tbsp of ground flax seed + 2.5 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup So Delicious Dairy Free French Vanilla Organic Coffee Creamer
- 1 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar + more if needed
- Crushed rose petals for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Make flax eggs by combining 2 tbsp flax meal with 5 tbsp room temp water. Stir and set aside to thicken for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together gluten free flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, melted coconut oil and vanilla until smooth. Whisk in flax eggs and melted chocolate until well incorporated. Add cocoa powder in thirds and whisk until smooth.
- Use a spatula to fold in flour mixture (at this point, the batter will be too thick to whisk). Stir until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into parchment paper lined pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 32-35 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely before frosting (about an hour).
- Heat creamer in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until it just comes to a slight simmer. Keep a close eye on the pot so it doesn't burn.
- Pour chocolate into a mixing bowl. When cream is very hot, pour over chopped chocolate. Don't touch it for 1-2 minutes, until the chocolate starts to melt. After about 2 minutes, stir with a spatula to incorporate.
- Slice butter into 8 tbsp before adding to chocolate mixture. Note - the butter must be softened before you add it, otherwise you'll end up with chunks of butter in the frosting. If you forget to soften the butter ahead of time, slice into 8 tbsp, place on a microwave-safe plate or bowl and heat in 7 second intervals until softened.
- After adding butter, let sit for a few minutes, the stir to combine. Using the whisk attachment on a stand mixer (or hand mixer), starting beating the mixture. Add salt and 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, beat just to combine.
- Place bowl in refrigerator for 30 minutes. It needs time to cool/harden before you whip it into a frosting.
- After 30 minutes, remove from fridge and beat again. If it's still too thin, add another tbsp of powdered sugar and continue beating for 30-45 seconds, or until frosting is lighter in color and fluffy.
- Do not frost brownies until they are completely cool, otherwise the frosting will melt. After frosting, sprinkle with crushed rose petals and enjoy!
The butter must be softened before you add it to the frosting, otherwise you'll end up with chunks of butter in the frosting. If you forget to soften the butter ahead of time, slice into 8 tbsp, place on a microwave-safe plate or bowl and heat in 7 second intervals until softened.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan chocolate ganache brownies