These Brown Sugar Honey Glazed Carrots are roasted to crispy, caramelized perfection, with fresh parsley, thyme and a pinch of cinnamon for fall flavor. An easy, delicious holiday side dish that everyone will enjoy.
- 2 pounds (~12 large) carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Garnish: pomegranate seeds, fresh parsley, chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F / 205˚C. Wash, peel, and trim the carrots and cut in half lengthwise.
- Whisk together the olive oil, honey, apple cider vinegar, salt, cinnamon, thyme and parsley in a small bowl.
- Pour the glaze over the carrots and toss well to coat. Transfer the carrots to a large baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, stirring once or twice during cooking.
- After 20 minutes, remove the carrots from the oven and sprinkle with the 3 tbsp of brown sugar. Stir to coat. Return to oven for an additional 15-20 minutes until carrots are fork tender.
- Serve topped with fresh pomegranate seeds, more chopped parsley and/or chopped walnuts or pecans.
Make ahead: You can prep the carrots and make the glaze up to several days before making this recipe. When it's time to make the carrots, simply toss in the glaze and bake.
If your honey is too thick to coat the carrots, pop it in the microwave in 10-15 second intervals until it's easier to drizzle.
Select evenly sized carrots to make sure they cook evenly.
Stir your carrots once or twice during each cooking segment. This will help foster even cooking, prevent burning, and promote more caramelization.
To make this recipe vegan, use maple syrup instead of honey.
If you're using dried herbs in lieu of fresh, remember that 1 tbsp fresh = 1 tsp dry.
Storage: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can reheat in the microwave or in the oven.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It may vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 3-4 carrots
- Calories: 166
- Sugar: 18.7 g
- Sodium: 376.4 mg
- Fat: 6.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.5 g
- Fiber: 5.3 g
- Protein: 1.8 g
Keywords: brown sugar honey glazed carrots