This crispy, delicious brown sugar almond granola is quick and easy to make with just 10 ingredients and 30 minutes of baking time. It's perfect for topping granola, smoothie bowls, oats, or plain with your favorite milk!
- 4 cups old fashioned whole rolled oats
- 2 cups raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300˚F/150˚C.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together oats, almonds, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together melted butter, vanilla, almond extract and maple syrup.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir well until evenly coated.
- Transfer granola to a large baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring once halfway through baking time, then remove from oven and let cool completely.
Oats: be sure to use old fashioned whole rolled oats in this granola, NOT instant or quick cooking oats. If you have Celiac disease or a severe gluten allergy, make sure you are using certified gluten free oats.
Butter: we use nondairy butter to keep this almond granola vegan. However, feel free to sub with regular butter if preferred, or use melted coconut oil or another similar oil.
Want super crispy, big granola clusters? Once you remove the granola from the oven, wait to break it up until it's completely cooled. This allows the granola to set so you can break it up as desired. If you stir the granola while it's still hot, it won't set up quite as well.
Make it nut free: sub almonds with pumpkin seeds or another seed of choice if you have a tree nut allergy. Coconut flakes are another great alternative.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 356
- Sugar: 14.5 g
- Sodium: 144 mg
- Fat: 19.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 37.7 g
- Fiber: 5.9 g
- Protein: 8.4 g
Keywords: almond granola, brown sugar granola