Quinoa isn't just for savory dishes - we love using it as a protein-rich breakfast paired with fresh fruit and nuts.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Optional: 3 tbsp hemp seeds
- For topping: fresh berries, coconut flakes, chopped nuts, nut butter, etc.
- Cook quinoa in water according to package directions.
- Once quinoa is fully cooked, stir in melted coconut oil, cinnamon, maple syrup, coconut and hemp seeds (if using).
- Enjoy topped with fresh berries, coconut and/or nut butter, or store in refrigerator in airtight container for up to one week.
For more flavor, you can also stir in other spices, nut butters, dried fruit, etc.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: breakfast quinoa