These Vegan Blueberry Lemon Muffins are the perfect on-the-go breakfast or snack. We won’t blame you if you can’t stop at just one. Bonus: they’re also gluten free and refined sugar free!
- 1/3 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1–1 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp soy milk powder (optional, but helps with texture)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp fine kosher salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 335 F (we used convection bake cycle) and line two muffin tins.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together gluten free flour, almond flour, oat flour, hemp seeds, soy milk powder, baking powder, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl or stand mixer, cream butter, applesauce, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Add in dry ingredients slowly, continue mixing until well incorporated. Slowly add in almond milk.
- Use a spatula to gently fold in blueberries.
- Let batter sit for 20 minutes before baking. Use a cookie scoop to equally portion batter into muffin tins.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool slightly before eating.