Creamy, delicious and completely dairy free! Lavender adds a slight floral sweetness.
- 1 cup unsalted cashews, soaked 2 hours at room temp
- 1 can (13.5 oz) full fat coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries + 1/2 cup frozen blueberries to mix in
- 2/3 cup lavender infused agave syrup*
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 drops lavender essential oil (optional)
- 3/4 cup agave syrup
- 8 stems of lavender flowers
- Add the syrup and lavender to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer for about 30 seconds. Remove from heat, cover and let infuse 30-40 min.
- Soak cashews in room temperature water for 2 hours. Drain and rinse.
- Pre-cool ice cream maker if necessary.
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until creamy. We typically go through two full blend cycles to ensure all cashew and blueberry pieces are well incorporated.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker, press start, and try to wait patiently!
- Add 1/2 cup frozen blueberries when machine indicates, or fold them in once ice cream is finished. Transfer ice cream to a freezer-safe sheet pan, cover, and let harden for a few hours. Remove from freezer about 5-10 minutes before scooping. Enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American