This Blue Lagoon Mocktail tastes just as good as it looks! With plenty of refreshing citrus flavor and a bit of fizz, it's satisfying but also totally alcohol-free. Grab a beach chair and start sipping!
- 2 ounces simple syrup
- 3 2-inch pieces of orange rind
- 4 ounces freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- A few drops of natural blue food coloring
- 2-4 ounces club soda or sparkling water
- Add orange rind pieces to simple syrup and let infuse for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Add orange juice, lemon juice, lime juice, simple syrup (with orange rind), and 4-5 drops of blue food coloring to a cocktail shaker filled halfway with ice.
- Shake well for 10-15 seconds, then pour into a cocktail glass filled with ice.
- Top off with club soda or sparkling water and garnish with citrus slices (optional).
Blue food coloring: A traditional (alcoholic) Blue Lagoon cocktail contains blue curaçao, an orange-flavored liqueur colored with blue food dye. Since blue curaçao contains alcohol, we simply use blue food coloring in this recipe. We used natural food coloring that's made with butterfly pea powder, but feel free to use anything you have on hand.
Infuse the simple syrup with the orange peel for at least an hour to ensure that the simple syrup absorbs the orange flavor. This is not traditional in a regular blue lagoon cocktail, but since you're not able to use orange liqueur in this alcohol free version, it helps replicate that flavor.
Using freshly-squeezed juices will really elevate the flavor of this mocktail.
Simple syrup: We used a bottled variety to cut down on prep time, but you can easily make your own by combining equal parts water and sugar in a saucepan and heating until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 mocktail
- Calories: 424
- Sugar: 82.7 g
- Sodium: 17 mg
- Fat: 1.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 101.4 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 5.8 g
Keywords: blue lagoon mocktail