This summer bourbon pitcher cocktail is perfect for a crowd! With blackberries, raspberries, bourbon, lemon and sparkling water, it’s a little bit of everything. Sweet, strong, tart, fizzy and seriously good. Make for your next summer bbq!
- 1 cup agave nectar (or simple syrup)
- 1 cup water
- 10 oz blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 10 oz raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups bourbon
- 2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 12–14 large lemons)
- 1/2 cup Chambord or another raspberry liqueur
- 4 cups sparkling water or club soda
- Fresh mint and berries for garnish
- Add water and agave to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk well.
- Add berries and bring to a boil. Stir well and remove from heat. Let sit for 20-25 minutes, stirring once or twice. Strain the mixture into a bowl through a fine mesh sieve, pressing berries with the back of a spoon to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Add berry agave mixture, bourbon, lemon juice and Chambord to a large pitcher. Refrigerate for 4 hours, or until completely chilled.
- To serve, you can either add the sparkling water directly to the pitcher, or add to each individual glass. Garnish with mint and fresh berries.
**QUANTITIES FOR SINGLE SERVING**: 2 tbsp agave, 2 tbsp water, 1.5 oz each blackberries and raspberries, 2 oz bourbon, 2 oz lemon juice, 1 tbsp Chambord, 1/4-1/2 cup sparkling water
Keywords: summer bourbon cocktail