Homemade banana bread granola is studded with nuts, coconut, chocolate chips and almond butter! It's naturally vegan and gluten and perfect for topping smoothie bowls, yogurt, cereal, or just for eating straight out of the jar.
- 4 cups whole rolled oats
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (raw and unsalted)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans (raw and unsalted)
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup mashed, ripe banana (2 bananas)
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1-1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1-1 1/2 cups toasted coconut chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325˚F.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together oats, walnuts, pecans and shredded coconut. Set aside.
- In a blender, add bananas, maple syrup, almond butter, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into dry mixture and using a spatula, mix well until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Spread granola onto one large or two smaller sheet pans. Spread into even layer. Bake for 40-45 minutes total, stirring once or twice and rotating pans halfway through cook time. After 35 minutes, keep a close eye on the granola as ovens tend to differ significantly. If the granola still looks a bit wet at 45 minutes, chances are it will dry out while it cools.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely, then stir in chocolate chips and toasted coconut. Enjoy!
Be sure to use ripe bananas, otherwise there will not be enough moisture.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana bread granola