These crispy baked tofu nuggets are breaded in potato chips and served with a vegan maple mustard dipping sauce. They're made with just a few simple pantry ingredients, naturally gluten free and kid friendly.
- 14 oz extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1/3 cup vegan mayo
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 cups sea salt potato chips, crushed
Maple Mustard Dipping Sauce:
- ⅓ cup vegan mayo
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Remove tofu from packaging, drain excess liquid and pat dry. Wrap in a clean towel and set something heavy on top, like a cast iron pan or a few cookbooks. Let sit for 30 minutes to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Once tofu is pressed, turn the block on its side and slice in half lengthwise. Slice each block into three strips, then cut into cubes.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together mayo, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Transfer potato chips to a plastic or reusable bag and crush with a rolling pin. See photos above for texture. Transfer crumbs to a separate bowl.
- Using one hand, dip a cube of tofu in batter, coating evenly on all sides. Transfer to coating, then use your other hand to gently press coating onto tofu, evenly coating all sides. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat with all tofu cubes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, carefully flipping halfway through bake time.
- Meanwhile, whisk together ingredients for maple mustard sauce until creamy.
- Let tofu cool for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
If you're not strictly vegan, feel free to sub maple with honey for the sauce.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked tofu nuggets