These chocolate chip almond flour cookies are chewy and packed with rich, nutty almond flavor for an insanely delicious treat. They make for a delicious holiday cookie, or a healthier dessert for any time of the year. This recipe also happens to be naturally gluten free and vegan!
- 2 cups almond flour*
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup smooth almond butter (we used unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350˚F / 180˚C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together almond flour, shredded coconut, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, whisk together brown sugar, maple syrup, almond butter, vanilla extract, and almond extract until smooth.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until well incorporated, then stir in chocolate chips and chopped almonds.
- Using a cookie scoop, portion cookie dough into balls, then transfer to baking sheet. Use your hand or the back of a measuring cup to gently flatten each cookie – they won't spread much in the oven.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until lightly browned, then remove from oven and let cool.
*Almond flour: be sure to use almond flour and NOT almond meal in these cookies. Almond flour is made from blanched almonds and has a light, fluffy texture that works well in baked goods. Almond meal contains skins will result in dense, oily cookies.
Don't overbake your cookies: these cookies may not look completely done when they come out of the oven, but they will continue to cook slightly as they cool. If you leave them in too long, they will be dry and dense.
Storage: store leftover cookies in an airtight container for up to one week. You can store at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
Freezer storage: place the cookies in an airtight container and freeze for up to 6 months. Defrost to room temperature before enjoying. You can also freeze the pre-portioned dough and bake later.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 198
- Sugar: 11.1 g
- Sodium: 65.1 mg
- Fat: 9.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.8 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 4.1 g
Keywords: almond flour cookies, chocolate chip almond flour cookies, vegan almond flour cookies