Sweet, tangy citrus is the perfect counterpart to hearty, bitter greens like radicchio, endive and kale. This gorgeous salad makes it easy to get your daily serving of veggies, even on a cold winter day when you’d rather curl up with a big bowl of mac and cheese for all three meals!
You’ll need to supreme all of the citrus for this salad – if you’ve never done it, check out this easy guide!Print
I feel healthier just looking at this salad…anyone else?! The perfect way to get your daily dose of citrus and fresh greens during winter.
- 5 large leaves lacinato kale (remove stems)
- 1 small head of endive, chopped
- 1 small head of radicchio, chopped
- 1/3 cup fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 grapefruit, supreme cut
- 2 mandarins, cut into round slices
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 avocado, diced
- Mint leaves and fennel fronds to garnish
Citrus herb vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp agave or honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped mint
- To make vinaigrette, whisk or blend all ingredients until emulsified.
- Prepare all salad ingredients and toss in vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
You can customize this salad with pretty much any leafy green you like – we recently made a version with arugula instead of kale and it was delicious!