We took classic flavors up a notch for this vegan caprese by adding sweet grilled peaches and a flavorful balsamic vinaigrette drizzle to fresh tomato and dairy-free mozzarella.
For the caprese salad:
- 3 heirloom tomatoes, sliced into rounds
- 3 ripe peaches
- Olive oil
- Vegan mozzarella-style cheese (we used this)
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves (torn or whole)
- Pepper and flaky salt for garnish
For the balsamic vinaigrette:
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp balsamic
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Slice peaches into rounds. Do so by cutting along the center, then removing the pit. Be careful not to slice them too thin - otherwise they won’t hold up well on the grill.
- Brush each peach round with a bit of olive oil. Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly on a cutting board.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for balsamic vinaigrette, or add to a jar and shake well.
- Arrange peaches, tomatoes and mozz on a platter, then drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette, top with a handful of fresh basil leaves and freshly cracked black pepper and flaky salt.
This should be served right away - the peaches will start to get pretty soggy.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Italian-American
Keywords: Vegan caprese