Tahini adds a slightly nutty flavor to these otherwise sweet chocolate chip cookie bars.
- 4 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp potato starch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream vegan butter, tahini, maple syrup, sugar & vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Sift dry ingredients in separate bowl, and slowly pour into wet mixture while mixing at low-medium speed.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- Let cool for 5 mins in pan, and then transfer to cooling rack.
- Let cool completely before slicing into squares.
- Store in airtight container for 1 week.