These Vegan Taco Stuffed Avocados are the perfect example of an easy recipe that’s suited for meal prep and will actually make you excited to eat lunch!
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup diced onion
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and cooked in 2 cups vegetable broth according to package directions
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 additional cup vegetable broth for quinoa walnut mixture
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp agave
- 2–4 Del Monte Fresh Avocados
- For topping: sliced tomatoes or salsa, pickled red onion, green onion, cilantro, vegan sour cream, etc.
- Cook quinoa in vegetable broth according to package directions.
- In a sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan (including cooked quinoa and additional 1 cup broth) and let simmer until broth has reduced.
- To assemble avocado boats, carefully sliced avocado in half, remove pit, and scoop out a little bit of avocado to make the hole slightly wider. Fill with taco filling, top with sliced tomatoes or salsa, herbs, vegan sour cream, cheese, etc.
- If you plan on making this ahead of time and bring to work for lunch, pack the filling in a separate container and don’t slice the avocado until ready to eat. Enjoy!
Keywords: meal prep, vegan meal prep, gluten free meal prep, low carb